Our Plastic Free culture
China Fleet Country Club in Saltash has carried out a number of important steps in a bid to reduce plastic use, including:
- Removing plastic straws and replacing with paper straws available on request
- Removing sprinkles and decorations for event tables. The team now use biodegradable paper or reusable wood decorations instead
- Eradicating single-serve plastic takeaway cups. All cups are now made from PLA (plant-based alternative)
- Using biodegradable single-use coffee cups and takeaway packaging with wooden takeaway cutlery. All plastic single-use cutlery no longer used
- Reducing condiment sachet usage by 90%
- Zero to landfill waste provider, all plastic segregated.
- Removal of single-use plastic cups from the Aqua Spa
- Signed up to refill initiative, allowing anyone to refill their water bottles free of charge https://www.refill.org.uk/
- Working with suppliers to reduce plastic packaging
About our business
China Fleet Country Club is a four-star self-catering apartment-style holiday accommodation, health club which includes a gym, swimming pool, Aqua Spa, fitness classes, racquet sports.
You’ll also find Woodland Adventure Golf, an 18-hole golf course, Toptracer Driving Range, cafe and restaurant, alfresco dining, spa, wedding and events venue or conference, wedding and meeting room facilities, brasserie and bistro.